UF PRO first designed and built a cold weather clothing system for a military customer 12 years ago. Later on, they developed the first generation of their Delta OL system which was adopted by the German Special Forces. I sure wish we’d had this gear when we did Arctic Warfare training in Alaska at -50 degrees…
Having a former German Army Mountain Soldier as their head of R&D and product development, and building on their successful track record of equipping European Special Forces, UF PRO are making quite a name for themselves in the cold and extreme cold weather clothing arena. Have a look through their website and you’ll see that they have everything from very nice, and innovative, base-layers, through to mid-layers and outer garments. I can personally attest to the quality and performance of their gear too. I’ve been using several pieces of UF PRO’s cold weather gear for the past 3 years, and they’ve kept me warm and dry through the worst that New England winters can throw at me.
Their latest outer garment is the Delta OL 3.0 cold weather suit. It will be in stock on their website soon, but in the meantime they’ve provided an in-depth ‘sneak peek’.
Under their professional milspec brand ‘FronTier One’, BE-X Combat Gear has released their new ultralight, windproof, water resistant, uniform set in PenCott® GreenZone® camouflage.
All items in this set are made from genuine US MilSpec 50D polyester fabric with a durable water resistant finish – this is the exact same fabric used by the US Marine Corps for its snow camouflage over suit and by the US Air Force for its physical training shell suit. The fabric is rugged, lightweight, windproof, water repellent and unbelieveably fast drying!
Combining the fantastic properties of this fabric with the outstanding concealment performance of PenCott® GreenZone® camouflage, produces a set of clothing that will serve many purposes, all year round.
As part of the BE-X ‘FronTier One’ range, the full set includes;
- Windproof Softshell Jacket
- Windproof Softshell Trousers
- Cold Weather Primaloft Anorak
As its namesake was for the RAF during the Battle of Britain, the HURRICANE® chest rig is the workhorse of the DIRECT ACTION® line.
The HURRICANE® is a split front, full size, hybrid chest rig with fixed, integral magazine pouches for maximum weight reduction. The HURRICANE® can be used in regular, stand-alone mode and can also be attached to the Direct Action® SPITFIRE® plate carrier with a separate attachment kit.
HURRICANE® Chest Rig – Coyote Brown
- Proprietary laser-cut laminate, Cordura® 500D and softshell construction
- Integrated, adjustable magazine pouches, will fit: 8 x AR type, 4 x AK type or 4 x SR type magazines
- Fixed external pouches: two silent adjustable pouches, sealed zippered pouch and Velcro flap pouch for quick access items
- Flat inner pockets in each chest panel
- Low profile, adjustable harness with slots for PTT and additional accessories attachment
- Reinforced drag handle incorporated into harness design
- Body armor interface via buckles and additionally stabilized with Velcro adapters
- Antenna / cable routing loops
- 9 PALS slots on the sides for radio, medical or utility pockets, horizontal PALS slots under ammo pouches for tourniquets, pistol magazine pouches, etc.
The HURRICANE® Chest-Rig is in stock and available for purchase in the Direct Action online stores for US / North & South America and Europe / Rest-of-the-World.
The Hawker Hurricane was a single-seat fighter aircraft designed during the 1930s for the Royal Air Force (RAF). Largely overshadowed by the Supermarine Spitfire in the popular memory of the Battle of Britain, the Hurricane actually accounted for 60% of the RAF’s air victories in that battle. Of all Hurricane squadrons in the RAF during the Battle of Britain, No. 303 (“Kościuszko”) Polish Fighter Squadron was the highest scoring. During the duration of the Second World War, the RAF contained a total of 16 Polish fighter squadrons.
Polish 303 Squadron pilots in front of one of the squadron’s Hurricanes during the Battle of Britain, summer 1940.
The Edge is a new 3 liter tactical hydration pack Made in Israel from mil spec materials and hardware by Agilite Gear.
It is designed to attach to virtually any modular plate carrier using Agilite’s new MOLLE Hydration Attach Straps, although it can be worn independent using Agilite’s K Series Shoulder Straps. The Edge is designed around a version of the Hydrapak Tactical Hydration Reservoir, specifically chosen by Agilite for “outstanding durability and user comfort”.
For a limited time, Agilite are running a special package deal price on the full Edge Hydration set, get it now.
This lightweight, sturdy 20 Liter pack is an optimal choice for everyday carry , day hikes and tactical operations of short duration.
The RACCOON Mk2 is also equipped with an external pocket similar in size to the main compartment and also contains a simple organizer for carrying additional items. For heavier loads the webbing hip belt distributes weight properly.
- Made from 100% genuine Cordura® brand 500D nylon fabric
- All compartments close with YKK® zippers
- Large external organizer poczet for maps, pens, lights etc.
- Mesh pocket for smaller items in main compartment
- Side compression straps and removable belt webbing
- Spacer mesh on back panel and suspenders for enhanced airflow
- Loop ID Panel
- External bungee cord web for stowing lighter items
- Hydration bladder sleeve in main compartment
- MOLLE compatible
Available in black, olive green and coyote brown through all Helikon-Tex dealers.